Hands-On Perioperative Echocardiography Courses
Update: All Courses for 2018 are now fully booked. Details of 2019 courses will be posted as soon as these become available.
The Department of Anaesthesia and Perioperative Medicine is hosting 6 courses in Perioperative Echocardiography in 2018.
The course focuses on learning the theory of echocardiography and then applying this, under supervision, in a real clinical environment (with a focus on transoesophageal echocardiography [TOE]). In addition the basics of transthoracic echocardiography are covered, focusing on clinical assessment.
Dates of 2018 courses:
12-16 February 2018 (Full)
16-20 April 2018 (Full)
11-15 June 2018 (Full)
13-17 August 2018 (Full)
22-26 October 2018 (Full)
3-7 December 2018 (Full)
Groote Schuur Hospital
D23 Anaesthetic Department
Tel: + 27 (0) 21 404 5004
Fax: + 27 (0) 21 4066589
Cardiothoracic Anaesthetic Society of South Africa (CASSA) members: R4000
Specialists (non-CASSA members): R 5000
Branch number: 200309
Account name: UCT TEE Training
Account number: 62396957270
Please use your surname as reference when doing an internet transfer
Course co-ordinator: Dr Adriaan Myburgh (Adriaan.Myburgh@uct.ac.za)
- Lunch will be provided. Please indicate any special meal requirements.
- Textbooks on the topic recommended for after hours study.
- A reading list will be provided for participants in advance.
- Maximum of eight candidates per course.
- Candidates will be divided into groups depending on prior knowledge and experience.
- Faculty: Justiaan Swanevelder, Groote Schuur Department of Anaesthesia and International and National visiting leaders in the field of Echocadiography.
- CPD accredited by CMSA