- Biccard BM, Rodseth RN, Cronje L et al. A meta-analysis of the efficacy of preoperative surgical safety checklists to improve perioperative outcomes. SAMJ 2016; 106: 592-597
- Biccard BM, Filipovic M, et al. Perioperative myocardial infarction: invasive vs conservative approach. Cardiovascular Medicine 2016; 19:13: 315-321
- Bishop DG, Rodseth RN, Dyer RA. Recipes for obstetric spinal hypotension: The clinical context counts. SAMJ 2016; 106: 861-864
- Choonoo JO, Hofmeyr R, Evans NR, James MF, Meyersfeld N. A new option in airway management: evaluation of the TotalTrack video laryngeal mask. South Afr J Anaesth Analg 2016; 1: 1-5
- Dyer RA, Farina Z, Bishop D, van Dyk D. The Obstetric Anaesthesia Special Interest Society: renewed commitment to improving obstetric anaesthesia in South Africa. South Afr J Anaesth Analg 2016; 22: 7
- Fortgens PH, du Toit L, Hofmeyr R, Dyer RA, Swanevelder JL. Performance of i-STAT Point-of-Care Analyser Cartridges After Ambient and Subzero Temperature Exposure. Point of Care 2016; 15:4: 132-136
- Gordon PC. Royden McIntosh Muir and his anesthetic links between South Africa, London, and the United States. Journal of Anesthesia History 2016; 2: 89-95
- Gordon PC, Howell LC. The amazing Minivent ventilator. South Afr J Anaesth Analg 2016;1:1-3
- Hofmeyr R, Meyer W, James M, De Decker R. Recognising and mitigating the risk of altitude-related illness. SAMJ 2016; 106: 834-835
- Jacobs GEA, Buss CS, Hofmeyr R. Post-laparotomy haemoptysis due to broncho-abdominal fistula caused by retained abdominal surgical swab. South Afr J Anaesth Analg 2016; 22: 160-162
- Janse van Rensburg J, Thomas J. Paediatric cardiac anaesthesia in sickle cell disease: a case series. South Afr J Anaesth Analg 2016; 22 doi.org 10.1080/22201181.2016.1168611
- Kluyts HL, Hofmeyr R, Biccard BM. The United Kingdom National Audit Project Program – an opportunity for South Africa? South Afr J Anaesth Analg, Editorial, 2016; 2: 4
- Magni BJ, Dyer RA, van Dyk D, van Nugteren J. Incidence of intraoperative nausea and vomiting during spinal anaesthesia for Caesarean section in two Cape Town state hospitals. South Afr J Anaesth Analg 2016; 1: 1-4
- Mer M, Hodgson E, James M et al. Hemoglobin glutamer-250 (bovine) in South Africa: consensus usage guidelines from clinician experts who have treated patients. Transfusion 2016; doi: 10.1111/trf.13726
- Ngaka TC, Coetzee JF, Dyer RA. The influence of body mass index on sensorimotor block and vasopressor requirement during spinal anesthesia for elective cesarean delivery. Anesth Analg, 2016 in press.
- Padayachy LC, Gray R et al. The relationship between transorbital ultrasound measurement of the optic nerve sheath diameter (ONSD and invasively measured ICP in children. Childs Nerv Syst 2016. 32: 1769-1778
- Patel PA, Coetzee E, Myburgh A, Swanevelder J et al. Incidental Cold Agglutinins in Cardiac Surgery: Intraoperative surprises and team-based problem-solving strategies during cardiopulmonary bypass. Journal of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia 2016; doi: 10.1053/j.jvca.2016.06.024.
- Ramklass R, Hauser N, Levin AI. Anaesthesia associated developmental neurotoxicity (AADN) 2015. South Afr J Anaesth Analg 2016; 22: 10-18
- Reed A, Gordon PC. SANS 444:2014: A new standard for small-ampoule labelling and a chance to reduce drug administration errors in South Africa. SAMJ 2016; 106: 227
- Rode H, Brink C, Bester K et al. A review of the peri-operative management of paediatric burns: Identifying adverse events. SAMJ Nov 2016; 106: 1114-1119
- Vanniyasingam T, Rodseth RN, Biccard BM et al. Predicting the occurrence of major adverse cardiac events within 30 days of a vascular surgery: an empirical comparison of the minimum p value method and ROC curve approach using individual patient data meta-analysis. Springerplus. 2016. doi: 10.1186/s40064-016-1936-8
- Van Nugteren JA, Parker R, Madden VJ. Understanding persistent postoperative pain in South Africa. South Afr J Anaesth Analg 2016; 22: 4
- Van Rensburg G, van Dyk D, Bishop D, Swanevelder JL, Farina, Z, Reed AR, Dyer RA. The management of high spinal anaesthesia in obstetrics: suggested clinical guideline in the South African context. South Afr J Anaesth Analg 2016; 22: S1-S3
- Von Rahden, Farina Z, James F. Concentrating on the right measures. South Afr J Anaesth Analg 2016; 22: 4-6
James, MFM. (2015) The impact of changes in drug availability for hemodynamic management in pheochromocytoma: prêt-à-porter or tailor-made? Can J Anaesth 2015 Sep 11. [Epub ahead of print]
Hauser M, Myburgh A, Swanevelder J. (2015) Anatomy and Pathology of the heart and major vascular system. Chapter 2 of the Oxford Textbook of Cardiothoracic Anaesthesia, 2015. Ed M Ranucci, PS Myles
Calligaro GL, Theron G, Khalfey H, Peter J, Meldau R, Matinyenya B, Davids M, Smith L, Pooran A, Lesosky M, Esmail A, Miller MG, Piercy J, Michell L, Dawson R, Raine RI, Joubert I, Dheda K. (2015) Burden of tuberculosis in intensive care units in Cape Town, South Africa, and assessment of the accuracy and effect on patient outcomes of the Xpert MTB/RIF test on tracheal aspirate samples for diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosis: a prospective burden of disease study with a nested randomised controlled trial. Lancet Respir Med. 2015 Aug;3(8):621-30.
Ortner CM, Combrinck B, Allie S, Story D, Landau R, Cain K, Dyer RA. (2015) Strong ion and weak acid analysis in severe preeclampsia: potential clinical significance. Br J Anaesth. 2015 Aug;115(2):275-84.
Brouard KJ, Howard BR, Dyer RA. (2015) Hepatic Pregnancy Suspected at Term and Successful Delivery of a Live Neonate With Placental Attachment to the Right Lobe of the Liver. Obstet Gynecol. 2015 Jul;126(1):207-10.
Gordon PC. (2015) The Role and Purpose of Anesthesia Museums in Preserving our Heritage. J Anesth Hist. 2015 Apr;1(2):34-5.
Weiskopf RB, James MF. (2015) Update of use of hydroxyethyl starches in surgery and trauma. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2015 Jun;78(6 Suppl 1):S54-9.
James MF, Hofmeyr R, Grocott MP. (2015) Losing concentration: time for a new MAPP? Br J Anaesth. 2015 May 21.
Reed A, Mumba JM, Dyer R. (2015) A spotlight on obstetric anesthesia in the developing world: finally getting the attention it deserves. Anesth Analg. 2015 Jun;120(6):1179-81.
Richards, GA, Joubert IA, Brink IA. (2015) Optimising the administration of antibiotics in critically ill patients. Continuing Medical Education (SA) 2015
Ng A, Swanevelder J. (2015) The third ultrasound dimension in anaesthesia and intensive care. Br J Anaesth. 2015 Mar;114(3):366-9.
Langesæter E, Gibbs M, Dyer RA. (2015) The role of cardiac output monitoring in obstetric anesthesia. Curr Opin Anaesthesiol. 2015 Jun;28(3):247-53.
Dennis AT, Dyer RA, Gibbs M, Nel L, Castro JM, Swanevelder JL. (2015) Transthoracic echocardiographic assessment of haemodynamics in severe pre-eclampsia and HIV in South Africa. Anaesthesia 2015 Sep;70(9):1028-38.
Thomas, JA. (2015) Parental refusal: legal and ethical considerations. South Afr J Anaesth Analg: ISSN (Print): 2220-1181, ISSN (Web): 2220-1173
Hill LT, Miller MG. (2015) Carbohydrate loading in the preoperative setting. S Afr Med J. 2015 Mar;105(3):173-4.
Gray, RM. (2015) Which colloid to choose for neonates, infants and children. South Afr J Anaesth Analg: ISSN (Print): 2220-1181, ISSN (Web): 2220-1173
James, MFM. (2015) Context-sensitive fluid administration: what, when and how much? South Afr J Anaesth Analg: ISSN (Print): 2220-1181, ISSN (Web): 2220-1173
James, MFM. (2015) How safe are regional techniques? Evidence from large studies with big data. South Afr J Anaesth. Analg: 21(1):54-55